How Do I Select a Seat on Alaska Airlines?
Book your flight ticket with Alaska and get the comfortable preferred seats for the journey. They give you the opportunity to choose the flight seats at the time of reservation. If you haven’t chosen the flight seats at the booking, you can do so anytime before the scheduled departure.
Alaska Airlines Seat Selection Process:
You can proceed to their website to get the preferred flight seat for the journey. You need to follow the simple process for the seat selection as given below.
Select the seats online:
- Firstly, you must visit the online web page of Alaska Airlines at www.alaskaair.com.
- After that, you must choose the Manage Trip icon from the home screen.
- You must insert the flight confirmation code and the traveler’s last name.
- You will acquire the reservation details to select the preferred flight seat for your destination.
- From that, you can choose the flight itinerary you wish to get the flight seats.
- Under the drop-down list, you can tap on the seat selection button.
- At there, you can choose the fare type and get the seat map.
- When you select seats for all the passengers, you need to pay for the same.
- Alaska Airlines will fetch the details and give you the confirmation mail with an updated e-ticket.
Select Alaska Airlines seats on the phone:
Apart from the online seat selection, you can also take the help of customer experts for the seats. Dial the Alaska Airlines customer service number 1-800-252-7522 (1-800-ALASKAAIR) and follow the IVR to talk to the experts. They are professional in their work and give you the best seats of your choice at budget-friendly prices.
How Many Types of Seat Selections are on Alaska Airlines?
Alaska Airlines works with the passenger’s needs and best satisfaction. Therefore, they provide multiple seating options to choose the best flight seat for comfortable travel.
Saver fare means saving a lot on travel, such as comfortable Alaska Airlines saver seat selection and free carry-on luggage, excluding seat selection limits. Get the lowest fare and book through the miles to earn more miles every time.
Main Cabin Seating:
Main fares give you the facility to meet your travel needs and plans. You don’t need to pay any change fees up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure. Choose the perfect main cabin seats designed with pure, genuine leather and USB power outlets.
Premium Class Seating:
In these fare types, you will get up to 4 inches of more legroom as compared to the standard main cabin seats. Get free beer, cocktails, and wine on flights over 350 miles. However, you can access the priority boarding in Alaska Airlines seat assignment and overhead space and deplane the flight first.
First Class Seating:
This is one of the luxurious seating having spacious legroom and priority check-in among other airlines. You can stretch yourself in custom-designed seats to enjoy the travel with a cup of wine on the rocks. These leather seats can recline up to 41″ seat pitch.
Alaska Airlines Seat Selection Fees
The saver and main fare are not required to pay any charges for the seats as they need to pay the original fare. However, if you purchase the premium or first class fare, you need to pay the Alaska Airlines seat selection fees between $15 to $200 at the time of flight check-in.
Do Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Members Get Priority Seat Selection?
Yes, Alaska Airlines mileage plan members having the elite status can earn mileage points and spend the same on seat selection. They will get the priority seating arrangements, having lavish seats.
Can I Change My Seat After Check-in With Alaska Airlines?
Passengers can change their flight seat after completing the check-in by dialing the Alaska Airlines phone number at 1-800-252-7522/000-800-1001051 to talk to the experts. However, you can be in touch with the airport officials at the designated boarding gates to get assistance.
Can I Reserve a Bassinet or Child Seat Position on Alaska Airlines?
Alaska Airlines does not guarantee a seat for the lap infant on the travel. But you can reserve the bassinet or child seat position at the time of Alaska Airlines Booking for the journey. If your child is above 2 years old, you can acquire a child seat by the below steps.
- You must access the Alaska Airlines official website at www.alaskaair.com.
- Under the home screen, you need to choose the manage booking handle from the webpage.
- You must enter the reservation confirmation code and the lead passenger’s surname.
- When you access a reservation booked by an adult, you can select the child seats accordingly.
- At there, tap on the seat selection button and add about the child’s seat position.
- Alaska Airlines will show you the latest position next to the adult.
- You can choose the child seat from the given seat map to proceed further.
- At last, pay for the seat selection and complete the process.
- Alaska Airlines will send you the confirmation mail.
Can I Select a Seat on Alaska Airlines Using the Mobile App?
Sometimes, you are unable to get what you want for the seats online at the Alaska Airlines website. In these circumstances, you can download the mobile app and get the preferred seating as per your choice. Thus, you can proceed for Alaska Airlines Choose Seats by the following procedure.
- Firstly, you must download the mobile app from www.alaskaair.com
- You can log into your online Alaska Airlines flight itinerary account using the correct username and password.
- You can open the My Bookings tab from the home page displayed when you get the details.
- At there, you will find the list of reservations booked with Alaska.
- From that, you can choose the flight and tap on the “seat selection” tab under the menu.
- You can get the seats as per your fare type and choose from the available seat map.
- Although, you can add some special requirements for the passengers.
- Once you easily complete the payment on the mobile app, Alaska will send the confirmation of all the seats.
How Can I Get Free Seats on a Flight?
- If you don’t want to get the preferred flight seating, then you can get rid of the high fees and select the seats free of cost. Airlines will assign a random seat free of cost if you don’t choose the same at the time of flight check-in.
- Moreover, you can use the Airline loyalty program and choose the seats by the miles without any extra charge.
- According to Alaska Airlines, seat selection within 24 hours of the booking is always free.
- Basic fares are not required to pay any additional charges for the seats.
- Airlines also fill out the vacant seats and sell the same for free or at low prices.
What Happens if I Don’t Select My Seat on Alaska Airlines?
Passengers who don’t select the seat up to check-in for the scheduled departure will be randomly assigned seats at the boarding gates. You will get the seats on Alaska Airlines saver fare from the remaining according to the travel class and the travel demand.
Alaska Airlines Related Blog: