With an extensive network of domestic and international routes, Air Canada Seat Selection Policy provides prospective flyers with hassle-free flight experience and cost-effective airfares.
However, the airline understands the flyer’s perspective that comfort is the key part of air travel and offers flexibility with seat selection.
For prospective Air Canada passengers who wish to select the preferred seat in advance, you can do so by understanding the Air Canada Seat Selection Policy.
Air Canada Seat Selection Policy
- Under the Air Canada seat selection policy, the airline allows you to make a seat selection within 24 hours before your scheduled flight’s departure time.
- Air Canada will automatically assign you a free seat when you check in online or at the airport. However, the airline also allows flyers to select the seat ahead of time, but to do so, you have to spring some extra cash.
- Air Canada offers complimentary pre-assigned seats for passengers with special needs. Dial 1 (888) 247-2262 and contact the Air Canada representative at least 48 hours before your departure.
- Air Canada elite members and passengers flying on a Latitude or comfort fare can select and upgrade their seats free of cost.
- An infant and kids (0 to 11 years of age) must be seated in an approved child safety seat, such as a car seat or booster seat, free of charge.
What are the Best Seats on Air Canada?
Air Canada features three types of cabin configuration: Economy Class, Premium Economy Class, and Air Canada Signature Class/ Business Class.
While flying with Air Canada, you’ll get a diverse choice of seating at Air Canada in a flash, even though you can reserve your tickets online or offline. The carrier offers passengers the opportunity to select seats that best suit your budget and comfort level.
To get deep insights into Air Canada cabins, check out the below key pointers.
- If you’re flying within a confined budget, Air Canada economy seats will be the perfect option that fits your budget and comfort level.
- The airline designed economy cabins to give its precious flyers a hassle-free and convenient flying experience.
- For added convenience, each seat has its own personal power outlet for charging devices, adjustable headrests, and lumbar support.
- The flyers can also relish the complimentary food & beverages and access to in-flight entertainment.
- Further, Air Canada Economy class passengers can bring one carry-on bag and one personal item.
Premium Economy Seats
- Flying in an Air Canada premium economy class like you’re in first class but without the hefty price tag. However, the seats in premium economy are fitted with top-notch amenities and exceptional features.
- It gives you plenty of space to stretch out with adjustable headrests and a footrest to make your flight even more comfortable.
- The flyers can entice their taste buds with complimentary food & beverages and access to in-flight entertainment.
- The airline’s seats are equipped with a personal touchscreen TV with internet connectivity and free movies.
- But the best thing about Air Canada’s Premium Economy seats is their generous baggage allowance. You can bring up to two checked bags at no extra cost, with a total weight of up to 23 kg.
Signature Class/Business Class Seats
- Flying in an Air Canada Signature Class/Business Class Seats is a truly luxurious and unforgettable experience.
- The airline Signature Class features extra-wide fully flat-bed seats about 203 cm long to provide maximum comfort.
- In addition, the Signature Class seats are equipped with a personal entertainment system that includes a large HD screen, noise-canceling headphones, and access to hundreds of movies, TV shows, and music.
- Signature Class passengers can indulge in a unique three-course fine dining experience with an à la carte menu and premium wines.
- When it comes to baggage allowance, Signature Class passengers are allowed to check in two bags, each weighing up to 32 kilograms. They can also bring one piece of carry-on luggage and one personal item.
How Can I Select a Seat in Advance on Air Canada?
If you wish to select a seat in advance on Air Canada, you can opt for either offline or online. Here are the steps to select a seat in advance mentioned below in key pointers:
- Launch the Air Canada official web portal on your device.
- Once the homepage appears on your screen, click on the “Book a Flight” tab.
- Enter the necessary details for your flight and click “Continue.”
- Select the flight that best suits your needs and click ‘Continue.’
- After selecting your flight, you will be taken to the “Flight Options” page.
- After that, select your desired seat type (Economy, Premium Economy, Business Class, etc.)
- Once you select your seat type, a seating chart will appear.
- Choose a seat you would like to reserve from the available seating map.
- Review the information and click “Continue” to complete the reservation.
- Select your payment method and tap “Confirm” to finish the reservation.
How do I contact Air Canada for Seat Selection?
- Dial 1 (888) 247-2262 Air Canada customer service toll-free number to contact a customer representative.
- After that, pay attention to the automated voice assistant and follow the instructions.
- To get in touch with a customer agent of Air Canada, choose the option.
- Once you click it, your IVR call is directly connected with a representative.
- Provide the representative flight details and the seat you would like to reserve.
- The representative will make the process in the blink of an eye.
How Much is Seat Selection on Air Canada?
Do you wish to choose comfort over expense and want the aisle window seat on Air Canada? Therefore, the airline offers passenger flexibility with a user-friendly seat selection policy. While flying with Air Canada, you can pick your seat in advance but must pay the Air Canada seat selection fee.
|Fare Types||Domestic/International Air Canada seat selection fee.|
|Business Class, Premium Economy Class, Latitude, Comfort, Flex Fares||Complimentary|
If you get further assistance to select your seat in advance, get in touch with a live person at Air Canada by calling the customer service line at 1 (888) 247-2262.
Air Canada Related Blog: How Can I Speak To Someone At Air Canada?