Many times passengers buy flights that aren’t suitable for them because of various factors. Therefore, WestJet Change flight policy allows passengers to choose the choice that suits them.
An airline with a flexible policy is what all passengers wish for when they choose to book a flight, and hence, WestJet is on the top list to provide customers peace of mind. WestJet has various fare options, so passengers can select the one that suits their needs for a comfortable travel journey. Stay on the road to know how you can make changes to your itinerary and whether you are eligible.
What is WestJet Change Flight policy?
Before you proceed to the steps to make the required changes, you must check all the possibilities and eligibility for modifications needed on your flight tickets. WestJet has a set of rules and regulations that every passenger must consider for the smooth operations of the Airline.
Guidelines of WestJet Change Flight Policy
- All fare types of WestJet are secure within 24 hours of the risk-free window.
- Change your travel dates for the same destination. You will not be charged if there is a fare difference.
- Similarly, changes made before 60 days of scheduled departure will likely pay fewer change charges than last-minute modifications.
- Furthermore, only one-time changes to flights are allowed at no cost. Passengers are subject to nominal WestJet change fees when opting for second-time changes.
- Additionally, you can change destinations and the timing of your flight bookings within 24 hours of purchase for no change fees.
- Likewise, if the bookings of the new fare are less than that of the previous fares, you will get a refund for the balance amount.
- If you cancel your changed reservations, you will receive a refund according to the guideline of original bookings.
- In addition to this, passengers with basic economy fares cannot make changes after 24 hours of booking.
- Travelers with Econo Flex tickets are eligible for free changes if traveling within the geographical region of Canada.
- Therefore, WestJet Reservations made through other travel agencies are not permitted to make any changes.
- Besides, for WestJet flight changes after check-in, contact the customer service agent at the airport kiosk.
- Consequently, on travel plans interruption due to natural calamities, sudden validate emergencies or airport closure, flight change fees will be waived by Westjet Airlines.
- In the same way, all Premium Flex & Business Flex routes and Econo Flex fares (within the boundaries of Canada) sustain the eligibility for no change fees. Still, the differences in Westjet bookings may apply.
- Lastly, upon booking WestJet flight tickets before 24 hours of departure, you are eligible for no change or cancellation charges till the time of your flight departure.
How do I Change my Westjet Flights?
If you plan to make some necessary changes to your WestJet flights, then consider the following Step by Step methods of WestJet flight modifications.
Via WestJet Official Website:
- Visit the official website of Westjet Airlines.
- Click on ‘Manage trips’> ‘Manage Flight.’
- Sign in to your account using your details.
- Or find your trip by filling in the blank space with your Reservation code and Last name.
- If you lost your reservation code, click the option under the search button and follow the prompts.
- Click on search.
- Select your flight and click on the make changes option.
- The Change option for basic economy fare will get grayed after the 24-hour risk period is closed.
- Make necessary changes.
- Finalize the modifications by paying the required change fees if applicable.
Via Direct Westjet Customer Service Phone Number:
Before you dial the Westjet contact number:
- Be prepared with Your reservation code and WestJet Rewards ID (if any).
- Full name.
- The number of guests traveling on the reservation.
Now follow the steps below:
- Browse Westjet official site.
- Scroll toward the extreme bottom of the page.
- Click on the ‘Contact Us option.
- Scroll the webpage until you reach the telephone icons with dedicated phone numbers.
- Look for the appropriate number and dial it on your mobile keypad.
- Follow the IVR prompts.
- The WestJet team representative will get in touch with you on call.
- Let the representative know your query and the required details of your flight.
- Finalize your changes by making the necessary payments (if any).
- You will then receive the confirmation mail regarding the same, and from there, you can download your modified e-tickets.
Note: Making calls to Westjet is subject to additional fees. Therefore, it is advised to look for alternatives in order to save the cost.
How Can I Change My WestJet Flights Within 24 Hours of Booking?
WestJet travelers willing to modify their flight tickets on the same day of booking can easily make changes without incurring the WestJet change flight fee.
Simple follow the instructions below if you are within WestJet 24 hours risk-free period:
- Browse the WestJet website.
- Select the ‘Manage Booking’ option.
- Log into your account using your credentials.
- Or search for your flight using a ticket booking number.
- Follow the prompts and make the modifications.
- You will receive the confirmation over your registered mail id with the updated changes.
Contacting WestJet is necessary if the confirmation mail is yet to land in your mail inbox.
- Visit the site of WestJet.
- Find the ‘Contact Us https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/contact page.
- Scroll down slightly and search for a suitable number to call upon.
- Dial the number on your keypad.
- While on hold, look for WestJet ‘On-hold help’ https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/contact/on-hold-self-serve options.
- Once the call gets connected, ask the helpdesk team representative to assist you with the required WestJet flight changes.
- Receive the confirmation mail for the modified e-tickets.
Keep in mind that changes on phone calls are subject to some nominal charges. In contrast, for the second attempt to make a change and any fare differences after changes, you must pay the applicable charges.
Can I change the name on WestJet tickets?
Yes, WestJet allows passengers to make any changes or corrections within 24 hours of bookings completely free of cost. The same applies to the WestJet name change, but consider some regulations that must follow:
- Firstly, provide an authorized government-issued id proof to change the name of the passenger to exactly as in the id proof.
- Additionally, travelers are not allowed to transfer the tickets to another person as it may restrict the onboarding of respective passengers during check-in.
- For instance, name changes are possible only till 2 hours prior to departure. If modifications are not made before that, there will be no other option than to cancel the reservation and book new WestJet flights.
- Furthermore, the name change is not possible for basic fare holders after the passage of the 24-hour risk-free window.
- Therefore, if your name change request is not accepted per the airline’s policy, you can purchase new bookings by paying the fare difference.
- Lastly, to make name changes without fee, consider doing it on the same day of your flight bookings, i.e., within 24 hours.
Do you need to know about the WestJet name change charges? Then look at the details given below.
What are WestJet Name Change Fees?
After 24 hours of your booking completion, you must pay WestJet Name change fees to make major name changes or corrections on your booked flights. For instance, the following are the charges of name change apply to different WestJet fare types:
|Econo fare class||125- 150 USD|
|EconoFlex fare class||125- 150 USD|
|Premium Class||125- 150 USD|
|Business Fare Class||125- 150 USD|
Between Canada and Europe:
|Econo fare class||175- 200 USD|
|EconoFlex fare class||175- 200 USD|
|Premium Class||175- 200 USD|
|Business Fare Class||175- 200 USD|
From Canada to All Destinations:
|Econo fare class||125- 150 USD|
|EconoFlex fare class||125- 150 USD|
|Premium Class||150- 175 USD|
|Business Fare Class||150- 175 USD|
What Changes Are Possible on the WestJet Name Change Request?
You can request WestJet name changes because of the following reasons:
- Inverted name placement
- Change in title or gender
- Correction in date of birth
- Additionally, name changes due to marriage or divorce with a valid id proof
If your name change request doesn’t fall in the above cases, it’s better to cancel the original flight and book another with updated details. In contrast, it will save your cost of changes which may exceed the effect of getting close to departure timing.
Can I Change the Dates on my WestJet Flight Tickets?
Yes! You may make the date modifications with the following:
- By logging into your WestJet account on the website
- By calling the direct WestJet customer service phone number
- Go to the ‘Manage booking’ option on the WestJet mobile application.
- By connecting to a WestJet representative over chat on the website.
- Contacting via social media.
Make sure that you are still in the risk-free window. If you crossed 24 hours of bookings, you need not worry as you can still make changes by paying some charges depending on your fare type.
How Long Do You Have to Change a WestJet Flight?
WestJet flights can be canceled or changed up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure time. Despite this, cancellation or change charges will be higher when departure time gets close. Therefore, to change your WestJet flight without fee, do so within 24 hours of booking.
Above is a precise detail to clear the doubts that pop into your head when it comes to making changes to your already booked flight tickets. Hopefully, the information from this blog helped you to resolve the queries, but in case you still have concerns regarding WestJet changing flights, then feel free to contact 1-866-693-7853.