Delta Unaccompanied Minor Policy consists of special terms and conditions that help minors to fly alone safely. With the UMNR policy of Delta Air Lines, parents can let their kids below the age group of 18 flies to their preferred destinations. Well, if you are amazed by these terms and want to know about this amazing policy, then first learn about Delta.
Established on 2 March 1925, Delta Air Lines, one of the prime airline companies of the United States, has 877 aircraft that deliver the best-in-class aviation facilities to 325 destinations. With its top-end airline services, passengers across the globe prefer Delta as their travel partner.
So, if you are looking to learn about the minor policy of Delta Airlines, you should look at the information mentioned below carefully.
What is Delta’s Policy on Unaccompanied Minors?
Delta Air Lines offers special unaccompanied minor terms and conditions for your kid flying alone less than 18 years of age. Here, your kids will get different flying features, including a SkyZone lounge, a trackable wristband, and a personal escort who helps your kids to board the flight easily.
- Delta allows traveling children aged (5-14) to pay $150, according to the unaccompanied minors policy.
- But, flying is not allowed for minors on the last Delta connecting flight of the day.
- Minors are not allowed to take pets on Delta Airlines flights.
- Also, minors in Delta must buy the flight ticket at an adult ticket price.
- Minors are also not allowed to fly between 9:00 pm-5:00 am.
- Delta Red Eye Flights are not for minors.
- Minors who are 4 years old or below need to have someone adult above 18 years with pay of $150.
- Delta allows minors who are between 5 to 7 years to fly on its nonstop flights.
- Minors who are between 8 to 14 years can fly on Delta Air Lines nonstop and connecting flights.
- Delta allows minors who are between 15 to 17 years to fly on nonstop and connecting flights. Also, they have their choice of using the unaccompanied minor program.
How to Book Unaccompanied Minor with Delta?
As per the Delta Air Lines Unaccompanied Minors Policy, you can book and fly on Delta flights using its official website or by phone. If you want to book Delta minors flight tickets via phone, then you need to call 1 (800) 221-1212 Delta unaccompanied minor phone number. But if you want to do it by its official website, then you need to look at the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, you need to go through the Delta official website.
- Secondly, you have to type in your login details and sign into your account.
- Afterward, you should enter the name of the destination when the minors want to fly on Delta.
- Next, you have to choose the flight based on your choice.
- Now, you need to fill in all the needed information about the minors and the adult passenger who is going to accompany the minors.
- After that, you should choose the seat.
- Lastly, you need to pay for the minor service to complete the booking process.
- Soon, you will receive an email from Delta about the completion of your minor flight booking.
Required Documents for Delta Unaccompanied Minor
If you are among the travelers who want to know the requirements for Delta Unaccompanied Minor Program, then you should look at the details listed below:
- Photo ID- license, passport.
- Name, address, and phone number of the adult picking up the minor at the destination.
- Phone number.
- Address(same as ID).
- If you are from countries like Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, and Italy, you need to provide a letter from your legal guardian, which includes permission to fly alone on Delta Air Lines.
- The guardian or parent must accompany the minors to the flight departure gate and remain there until the flight leaves. Also, the baggage of minors must be submitted to the airline department. Children should get their seats at the rear of the aircraft so that they are close to the flight attendant.
- You also need to share the details of the person who will pick up the child from the airport. The person must arrive at the airport two hours before the flight arrives.
How much is Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fee?
If you are looking to book the Delta Air Lines Minor Flight Ticket, then you must want to know about the Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fees. Well, if this is right, then you should look at the details mentioned below carefully:
- You need to pay $150 to Delta’s unaccompanied minor service.
- The unaccompanied minor fees are for one-way and for both connecting and nonstop Delta flights.
- You can pay this amount online or offline to the airline.
Does Delta Allow Unaccompanied Minors
Children & Infant Travel – Delta
Delta Airlines is dedicatedly committed to offering safe travel for every passenger. But especially for minors who are looking to fly along with Delta’s unaccompanied minor program. Also, Delta takes USD 150 fee for the unaccompanied minor service for children aged 5 to 14 and also for minors from 15 to 17 years.
Delta is a responsible airline company that offers special facilities for unaccompanied minors and children of less than 18 years old flying alone. As already mentioned, the minor fee is USD 150 per way, and each minor takes up to four minors flying together.
The minor fee of 150 USD/CAD/EUR for the unaccompanied minors program is for one-way nonstop and connecting Delta flights. Also, passengers need to get an adult travel fare for flights within the United States of America.